First off, for those of you that do not know, what is Convergence? Convergence, which will be held in New Orleans this year, is a giant Dynamics/user technical conference put on by the Microsoft Dynamics community in which Microsoft Partners, ISV (Independent Software Vendor) Partners, and most importantly, customers are all asked to attend. There will be people from all over the globe at this conference. It’s a great place to learn new and exciting details about the Dynamics world, talk to fellow customers, meet with Microsoft developers, ask partners questions, and bring back valuable feedback to your own organization.
So, now you know what it is, and you have an idea of why it might be invaluable to attend. But, you’re not sold. You need that extra push. Well here are our top 10 reasons why you should attend Convergence 2013 (in no particular order):
- Hear a once in a lifetime keynote speaker– Kofi Anna, former Secretary-General of the United Nations, will be giving the keynote speech at this year’s Convergence. A man who once spoke in front of hundreds of national leaders is now going to speak to you. Our guess is that it’s going to be pretty powerful.
- Get your questions answered-Maybe you have some questions about your Dynamics product, we know we always do. Get your questions answered from partners, customers, Microsoft, and third-party vendors——all in one convenient place.
- Network with other customers– Learn what other customers in your industry are doing to improve their businesses. Give valuable insight of your own to those that are willing to listen. Hey, you might even get a customer or two of your own out of this event.
- Learn about new products, services, and updates– Microsoft has rolled out a lot of changes in 2012— so many that it’s hard to wrap your brain around them all. Get first hand knowledge of all these changes from the people who were involved in the process. You’ll also get a chance to see what new updates and features are on the horizon for Microsoft and the Dynamics line of products, including a possible sneak peak demo of the new Dynamics CRM.
- Meet Microsoft Dynamics Developers– Meet the people behind your great Dynamics product, or if you’re inquiring about Dynamics for the first time, find out how everything works.
- Check out some new ISV/third-party solutions– There will be ISV Partners from all walks of life there presenting their products that compliment your Dynamics solution from payroll solutions to CRM integrations to inventory control. These help you make your Dynamics product work the way you do. Not everyone is a product manufacturer or in the landscape or healthcare business. ISV products can make your business run smoother down to the last detail.
- Watch product demonstrations-There will be partners and vendors from all over the globe showcasing their products. The new GP 2013 will be a highlighted demonstration.
- Hear from your user groups- Whether you’re part of the CRMUG or GPUG or one of the other UGs, you can get some valuable information from their presentations.
- Listen to some great music-Thursday, March 21, Matchbox Twenty will be playing a live concert at Convergence to close out the festivities. Valuable information and an awesome concert? They sure do spoil you.
- Enjoy the ‘Big Easy’-Sure you’re going to a technical conference to get some great information to take back home with you, but that’s not any reason you can’t enjoy all that New Orleans has to offer. Enjoy some great Cajun food, listen to live Jazz, and see the sights. And who knows, maybe you’ll even be lucky enough to run into Drew Brees.
Okay, you’re convinced now. You realize just how valuable this trip will be, but don’t wait too long to register. In fact, the sooner the better because if you register before January 25th, you’ll get $300 off each person’s registration. Can’t wait to see you there!