By now, you’ve heard about Dynamics 365 for Financials. It’s a revolutionary, cloud-based ERP system for small to medium sized businesses. Built from the success of Dynamics NAV, Dynamics 365 for Financials is the evolution of ERP that Microsoft has fully invested in. Built on the familiarity of the Microsoft User Interface, Dynamics 365 is easy to navigate, and integrates seamlessly with Office 365, Outlook, Power BI and a host of other products. With the recent release of Dynamics 365 for Financials in November of 2016, you may be wondering if it is the best solution for your business. Here, the advantages and disadvantages of Dynamics 365 for Financials will be laid out.
- Integrations: Dynamics 365 for Financials integrates with your entire Microsoft suite. Add invoices to emails in Outlook, attach spreadsheets from Excel, and unlock the full capabilities of Microsoft Office 365 and other apps.
- Newest version: Based on Microsoft’s cloud, Azure, means that you will always be on the newest, most up-to-date version of Dynamics 365 for Financials.
- No annual maintenance: Building from the last point, you will be alleviated from annual maintenance contracts with Dynamics 365 for Financials.
- Cost: User cost is much more affordable than on-premise ERP solutions, and getting started is a breeze.
- Under Development: Dynamics 365 for Financials is constantly being refined, improved, and streamlined. Your capabilities will only grow as the product matures and develops.
- Easy Setup: Like we said, getting started is a breeze, and Associates Solutions can help!
- Manufacturing: There is no Manufacturing component for Dynamics 365 for Financials.
- Payroll: There is no Payroll component for Dynamics 365 for Financials.
- App-Based solutions: Since Dynamics 365 for Financials is based in Azure, most functions and extensions are now achieved through apps, rather than through custom integrations like those found in SL or GP.
- Reporting: Reporting functions are out of the box, custom reports are not available through Dynamics 365 for Financials.
- Intercompany: If you happen to have more than one company, entering information can become a hassle, as tasks and functions must be completed company by company.
Hopefully, this post has answered some of the more pressing questions about Dynamics 365 for Financials. If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to contact Associates Solutions, your trusted Microsoft partner. We are here for you, to answer your questions, set up demos, and help you make the most of Dynamics 365 for Financials. Still want to learn more? Check out our webinar from July 12th.