Power BI Setup and Installation
Installing Power BI is a straight forward process with minimal issues. However, you may run into some small roadblocks with the setup and installation of the Gateways. These should be installed on a machine that is always on, and will need a network connection to the server that holds the data you wish to create reports from.
Let’s begin with the installation of the desktop client, which you will use to create your reports.
Installing Power BI Desktop Client
- Go to the website https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/ and click the download button beneath Power BI desktop.
2. Run the PBIDesktop_x64.msi that you just downloaded.
3. Click next on the welcome page
4. Accept the license agreement.
5. Select a location to install Power BI.
6. Click Install.
7. Once finished, you can launch Power BI desktop.
Part 2 of Ask ASI will walk you through installing a gateway. This will allow you to create refreshable dashboards. Are you ready to unlock the power of Power BI? Schedule a demo with Associates Solutions to see the possibilities of optimizing your business today!